ADNOW

loading...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dennis Lillee says he did a 'favour' rejecting Sachin Tendulkar !!!


Dennis Lillee says he did a 'favour' rejecting Sachin Tendulkar !!!

Australian great Dennis Lillee, on Monday, recalled his first meeting with Sachin Tendulkar and said on a lighter note that he did the game a "favour" by rejecting the batsman when he went to the MRF Pace Foundation with an ambition to become a fast bowler in the late 80s. Hoping to become a pacer, Tendulkar went to the MRF Pace Foundation in 1987. But his ambitions were crushed by the foundation's coaching director, Lillee who advised the then young Tendulkar to focus on his batting instead of bowling.

Asked about his first encounter with Tendulkar, Lillee, who is bidding adieu to the MRF Pace Foundation after 25 years of service, said: "I actually feel very embarrassed because I rejected him as a fast bowler.

"I think I did him and the game of cricket a favour. I am just joking, but I will never forget (the incident)."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...